Food recipes

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Chicago Botanic Garden

Pen and Ink and watercolor on Arches CP 10" x 7"
I visited the Chicago Botanic Gardens almost two weeks ago. My friend and I chatted with volunteers who do work there, like replacing the spring flowers for summer flowers. The spring flowers looked good to me, it seemed like such a waste, but they would die eventually. My friend told me to feel free to sketch while she read a book, the truth is that there's so much to see, one road took us to another! 

On our way to the cafeteria for lunch I spotted two guys cleaning the water near it. They were removing some green stuff, perhaps aqua-weed? Lol. I felt the need to explain to my friend the taking of a photo of this view instead of the endless number of flowers. She totally got it, she understood this view was more interesting. She told me she would do the same. Cool! No needed for further explanation. I used multiple mixes of DS Sap Green and direct DS Undersea Green for dark green, I love the last one. 

A nice day with a nice friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment