Food recipes

Saturday, July 20, 2013

The back of the Old State Capitol

It was 5 or 6 pm, the building was glowing under the evening sunlight. I sat down to sketch it. Little I knew I was sketching the back of the building until Bob told me they were offering free tours inside the building, we went  through the back door  to catch the last tour, we missed only the explanation of one of the rooms, very interesting tour. At the end, we left the building through the front door and to my surprise the front of the building looked just exactly like the back of the building I was just sketching minutes ago. I continued my sketch and finished the back of the old state capitol. I was in the very same building where Abraham Lincoln was many times..... powerful feeling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment