Food recipes

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Rippon-Kinsella House

Bob and I visited Springfield, IL.The land of Lincoln. This is the view from our room in the Rippon-Kinsella House B&B. This old and beautiful house is full of well preserved old furniture, crystal dinnerware, silverware, it reminds me of my aunt grand mother's house. The bedroom was a little dark, the only thing real bright were the windows, that's how this image captured my attention. The owner of this place, Roger, is a man who's being living 9 years in this house and 37 years with his partner, soon to be married. Many of the things belonged to his grandmother. I noticed the silverware was made in 1841. He claimed to be a good cook. Soon he proved himself because breakfast was delicious, well presented and well seasoned. This man turn out to be a great conversationalist, funny, with a great attitude. I always wanted to have a gay friend, which I don't have. They are funny, pragmatic and are not afraid to tell you the truth. It's always nice to meet  interesting people, they are the salt and pepper of my journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment