Food recipes

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Teatro Alameda

 

Pen&ink and Lyra opaque watercolor on Moleskine watercolor sketchbook 5 ½ in x 3 ½ in.

This theater is located next to Alameda Juan Sarabia Park in downtown San Luis Potosí, it was built in 1941. I wanted to sketch it because I always liked it. However, I often thought it’s architectural style was different, so I did some research and found out that its style is Colonial Californiano, as many houses which were built in this style in wealthy neighborhoods in Mexico City back then.  This theater has multiple uses, it’s now a movie theater but it’s also used as a venue for exhibits and concerts. I sketched it in the smallest of  the Moleskine sketchbooks and I liked how many details I fit in this image, it took me some effort but I’m glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment