Food recipes

Friday, December 4, 2020

Pencil sharpeners.

Pitt oil Base pencil and watercolor on Handbook watercolor journal 8in x 8 in
I’ve never found the perfect portable pencil sharpener besides the electric one I have at home, but of course it is not portable. I’ve gotten some pencil sharpeners since I started sketching and now I have a small collection. Some sharpeners make such beautiful points, like the Steadtler, but it is a little bulky and it doesn’t have the size for my jumbo koh-I-noor hardmuth magic pencil. Others are so bad that they not only mess up the tip but the wood is also rough. I don’t know why I haven’t got rid of them yet. I even tried a make up pencil sharpener! Ha! I draw them today, and noticed many of them have blades made in Germany, it’s like it is one of the specialties of the manufacturing industry in that country, who knew! Well, after some research I found this cuttie M+R (Mobius+Ruppert) made of brass with the two pencil sizes I need. It’s small, sharp, heavy and steady and for sure it will last for a while (replacing the blades of course). It makes a beautiful sharp point, not too short that the tip won’t last and not too long so the tip of color pencils will snap or break. Yes! It just right! I think this is the end of my long search. Thank you Germany! 

No comments:

Post a Comment