Food recipes

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Watercolor brushes.

Graphite, Gouache and Color Pencil on S&B Alpha Series 8" x 10"
These are the watercolor brushes I travel with for long trips, yet still many others are on my desk. Synthetic hair, natural hair and blends of both are in this group. My favorite are the mops, 4, 6, 11, 12 & 13, the washes are so juicy because they hold so much paint. Then other of my favorites is a synthetic one, 5, so sturdy yet it performs like a brush with natural hair, it never stops amazing me how brush makers manage to create such good products. Then the underdog synthetic brushes 1, 7, 15 and 16. These brushes I use to pick up and mix paint from pans and sometime to paint. So resilient and reliable.  I also have but didn't include a set of three travel brushes da Vinci Maestro Kolinski 1503 which I love to use too for day trips, favorite also. I used gouache this time, just for a change, and added some details with color pencil, what a delight!

I am an art tools junkie. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment