Food recipes

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Value the value.

Pencil and watercolor graphite on Leuchtturm 1917 
Practicing value on sketches is a good exercise. It is easier to focus on value when there is no distractions and actually sketches are made faster. Sometimes we are so focus on choosing the right color that value is simply forgotten. I think I like this sketch much better than other sketches in color I have done. I like the white and dark areas and the different shades of grey. For this exercise I used Artgraf watercolor grahite, it gives you a great range of grades and very dark black. It doesn't make clean washes, brush strokes marks are visible, but other than than it behaves like watercolor paint. Value the value, let's not forget how important it is to make your sketch pop out of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment