Food recipes

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Contour line, a boot and else.

I did and exercise today. I did a pencil contour line of a boot and that was it for line. I worked with watercolor paint from there. Because I didn't have more lines within the contour line to work with, I was forced to go through a different process. I had to think of the washes' values ahead and save lighter areas on the go. I put more effort into this thinking than my traditional way to sketch, which is more detail line, it may seems it was easy but it was the opposite. I used two colors mainly, Burnt Sienna and French Ultramarine. It started like this.
Then I added layers for more detail, ending up with white gouache to highlight areas. This boot looked so lonely with no context, so I added a background blending paint on paper using the same colors I used for the boot and made sure to paint the opposite color to make it more interesting. VoilĂ . Happy Sunday.
Pencil, watercolor and gouache on W&N CP 6" x 8" 

No comments:

Post a Comment