Food recipes

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Two days for an old window, Morelia.

It was cloudy and cold for the past 3 or 4 days here in Morelia, so fortunately it happened while I had a cold. So I didn't go out at all. Despite my weakness and grumpiness, I still felt like I could do some drawing, I didn't want to, but I tried anyway. Haven't you, my fellow sketchers, have a collection of photos of places or views you couldn't sketch but you wish you could? Well I do. I took a recent photo of this old window in this city and it was time to take it out. This drawing/painting took me two days to make.... two days. Now picture me in a pajama, messy hair, wearing an over sized poncho, at times wearing a winter hat, heavy socks, with tissue paper in hand, dragging my bag of art materials thorough out the place to find to the most comfortable chair possible. Can you image the effort to do that? I just got tired again just to think about it.....On day one I draw the ink lines, some here, some there, then take a nap, another few lines, eat something, another few lines, then sleep again, take your medicine, another few lines, go to bed. On day two the same routine with watercolor. I really took my time using the liquid frisket around those stones, no hurry, I wasn't going to go anywhere. I just wanted the time to pass. At the end I think the painting wasn't bad for not being in the mood, the process and the result actually made me feel better! Now, isn't sketching a beauty? It made my cold bearable. Now that my cold is almost gone I'll go back to the streets again.

No comments:

Post a Comment