Food recipes

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Lourdes Baths, outside San Luis Potosí city, Mexico

 

Pen&ink and watercolor on A6 Hahnemühle cotton sketchboook

After catching up with family and friends in the city of San Luis Potosí, we headed to Balneario de Lourdes outside the city. It has been one of my favorite spots to visit to have a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. The former Hacienda is rich in history. The hotel was built after the discovery of hot springs which was and still it is believed to have healing properties. I sat outside our bedroom to this view in the early morning. The sounds of birds and a little fountain woke up my senses, the fresh air seemed to be a favorite of many butterflies of all sort of sizes flying by. The restaurant was already open but I asked for a cup of coffee to be brought to my seating area in this hallway. Breath in, breath out, sketch, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment