Food recipes

Monday, October 31, 2022

Centro Histórico CDMX, The House of Tiles.

 

Pen&ink and watercolor on A6 Hahnemuhle watercolor sketchbook.

This is the last drawing I did in Mexico city, for now. We stopped few days in this city before our final destination. We ate at the Sanborns de los azulejos, the house of tiles. A beautiful old building in downtown on Madero street. We sat at the central courtyard, and although the is a beautiful fountain on one of the walls covered with Día de Muertos ornaments and offerings, looking up there’s this view which shows part of the beauty of this colonial gem, one of many palaces in downtown Mexico City. Mexico city is known, after all as the city of palaces.

This is a wrap up for the first part of my sketches in Mexico City, all in downtown. On my way back to home, I’ll stay more days in this beautiful city in another neighborhood. I can’t wait. Stay tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment