Food recipes

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

The almighty Southern biscuit

Pitt oil base pencil and watercolor on CP watercolor sketchbook Laloran 5 in x 5 in

 From all the seafood and shellfish and the Gullah Cuisine we tasted and that Charleston is known for, the humble biscuit is one the stars of my stay in Charleston. It’s ingredients are so simple yet it’s so hard to make it perfect. It is the best biscuit I have ever tried. Savory, buttery, fluffy and it crumbles in your mouth. Here, this little bread that goes with everything, every kind of sandwich and buns are substitute by the almighty biscuit. My favorite was the soft butter and home made raspberry jam, this combo is perfection. I cannot take biscuits with me back to home, but before I leave Charleston in a couple of days, I made this sketch which will remind me of how much I enjoyed this bread in low country region.

No comments:

Post a Comment