Food recipes

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Charleston SC, Churches and Palmetto

 
Pen&ink and watercolor on HP watercolor sketchbook 10 in x 7 in

St. Michael Church has one the most beautiful church towers in Charleston. It is located in the corner of Meeting St and Broad St. The church is very beautiful inside also, it has box pews, not for claustrophobics! An altar server handed me a mass program, he invited me to stay since mass was about to start. I didn’t stay, I was visiting only, so I went out to the busy streets and the cemetery in the back of the church. 

There’s lots of palms in the French Quarter, that’s why it is called the Palmetto City, it’s also called the Holy City, because it has many worshiping places, either way I have them both in this sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment