Food recipes

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The Fountain Square in Downtown Cincinnati

Mix media on HP watercolor paper 10 in x 7 in
 The Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati is the hub for public events. The old fountain in the new square is so beautiful, it’s known at the Tyler Davidson Fountain. I sketched it from the small tables and chairs next to it one morning. I could feel some mist from the water fountain in my hands but it didn’t affect the watercolor paint applied on my sketch. Sketching slows you down, I observed the elements of the European fountain, from my view I sketched 3 boys in the lower level, one riding a dolphin, one playing with ducks and another riding a turtle. The design was based on the pleasures of water but by today's society standards it looks like these boys are torturing animals, ha! The next level shows a farmer aiming to the sky for water and a mother leading his boy to the bath. At the top level is a woman generously giving water from her hands. I would say I accomplished the next image in 90 minutes on location. The background I finished later.





No comments:

Post a Comment