Food recipes

Sunday, June 26, 2022

The new 100% cotton Hahnemühle Watercolor Book

Pencil, Pentel pocket brush pen, watercolor and color pencil on A6 Hahnemühle Watercolor Book 💯 cotton.

 I have been using new art tools I was curious about. In this sketch (my hubby having breakfast in this month camping trip), I sketched everything in pencil, then I added watercolor and finally I used a Pentel pocket brush pen to highlight my husband figure. I wanted him to be the focal point and it kind of worked.

I’ll also mention that I’ve been using the A6 Hahnemühle portrait sketchbook. I used first the one made of cellulose but then I sketched in the newly released also Hahnemühle watercolor book100% cotton, and oh boy! What a difference. 


I used this last one to do the sketch above. The wet and wet technique came out nicely, just as expected, even though it is difficult to work with washes in smaller sketchbook sizes like the A6.

The size of this sketchbook is very comfortable, it’s 4 in x 5.75 in, a little bigger than the A6 Moleskine and A6 Stillman&Birn which both measure 3.5 in x 5.5 in but when it’s fully opened in feels considerably bigger that the last two, one whooping inch plus! Almost like sketching on and A5 size! Well done Hahnemühle!

No comments:

Post a Comment