Food recipes

Friday, March 5, 2021

Postcards

Postcard 6 in x 4 ½ in. Pencil and watercolor on CP Bee Paper.

I should have done this before, sending postcards as a fun way to stay in touch with family and friends. I bought a very affordable 140 lb cold press watercolor paper 100% cotton a while ago, Bee Paper. I have not heard of it before but its paper is European and it’s packed in Malasia. I think it’s perfect for postcards. I make them myself. 

I just received a book in the mail today that I think will inspire me to paint food for my post cards: Top Tapas Barcelona Guide by Santi Sallés. Although his style has evolved, this book published in 2014 is so inspirational! And that’s how it all began today.

I’ve been baking often and I recently bought a small round cake mold, it’s only 6 inches (15 cm), just enough for two people. I made a flourless cheese cake that came out divine, because it’s not overly sweet, just right. If you want to see the recipe look for the recipe tab at the bottom of the header of this blog. This post card was sent to Mexico as a birthday card to celebrate someone’s birthday. I won’t be there but I hope this postcard made with love reaches this destination well, with a little piece of me.

How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment