Food recipes

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Exercise. Photo vs scanner.

Capilla de la Santa Casa de Loreto, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
Ink, watercolor and color pencils on HP watercolor paper, 10 in x 7 in

I’ve been here many times but I’ve never sketched it until now, during the pandemic at home. The colors of Mexico are perfect to paint a scene on snowy winters. It’s been snowing fairly often, 4 inches a couples of days ago and 12 inches before that. I cannot complain though, the light reflected by the snow in a cast day is perfect to take photos. My tablet’s camera is better than my scanner, the colors are more vivid. I cannot flat the paper as I do in a scanner, sometimes cropping the edges of the image is necessary to square it but it’s worth not to get into the process of editing, ugh. 

Here’s the comparison of images. Can you see the difference?



2 comments:

  1. The photo looks more vibrant than the scanned image. And it's quicker to snap a photo than scan, if you're not too fuzzy. Lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete