Food recipes

Sunday, September 12, 2021

The Cardinal, Amtrak train 50 from Chicago to Washington DC

 
Pen&ink and watercolor on HP paper 11 in x 7 in

We booked a bedroom for the extra space, still tight, we had an enjoyable trip on board the Amtrak train 50, the Cardinal, a 25 hour ride from Chicago Union Station to Washington DC Union Station. One of the best scenic routes in the East of the United States, a train can take you to untouched remote areas to be seen the way it was meant to be. This is our first sleepover on a train ever and our first trip together after a year and a half. We boarded the train in the early evening. The scenery promised to be beautiful next day and didn’t disappoint. The Appalachian Mountains are an exceptionally beautiful area, the Greenbrier River, the falls, the boulder rocks, the bridges, tunnels and valleys. If this time in September was gorgeous, the fall colors of October must be spectacular.

I didn’t measure the longest tunnel we went through but I count the seconds, the longest was 100 seconds. The night was rocky, I slept only a few hours but my husband didn’t have such problem. So much food I had to skip one meal. I was afraid  the food wouldn’t be good, according to reviews but I happened to like most of it. So I had a full day to sketch what I was observing, I did little sketches in one page to remember this ride. 



No comments:

Post a Comment