Food recipes

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Lincoln Memorial

Pen&ink and watercolor on A5 Hahnemühle Watercolor sketchbook
Lincoln Memorial is a popular site in the National Monuments. Walking is so enjoyable, the vibe in Washington DC is relaxed and respectful. Once inside the memorial, I chose a corner where I wouldn’t bother anyone but a ranger spotted me, she has never seen a folding stool like the one I was setting up, she just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a tripod, since it’s not allowed. I was afraid I wouldn’t get Lincoln’s face to look like him, so I took extra caution and sketched it in pencil first to get the proportions right, then I used pen&ink making corrections as I was doing the pen lines. I think this method worked very well. People approached to me at this site for obvious reasons, someone sketching instead of taking photos. I specially enjoyed the kids, the little ones are not shy, no joke, the can held an conversation for a while! It was fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment