Food recipes

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Classic car show in Joliet, IL

 

Pen&ink and watercolor on pocket size Stillman&Birn Beta 

I’ve ran into classic cars shows in the streets of several towns multiple times. I don’t follow nor I know their scheduled shows, it’s just coincidence. Last August I drove by a handful of classic cars in the parking lot of a fast food business located in Joliet, IL. Because I had an hour to spare, I came back to sketch a couple of these cars. Owners usually take their camping chairs and stick around to have a good time among themselves, they are also willing to answer questions by anyone who is curious or interested in the subject. By the time I was done, I realized there were around a hundred of them, perhaps more! Most of them are in pristine condition as a result of the care these owners invest in their cars. They truly show their love for their cars, no wonder they exhibit them, they must be very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment