Food recipes

Monday, November 4, 2019

Little House on the Prairie

Pen&Ink and watercolor on Stonehenge Aqua Hot Press 22" x 7"
I've been watching a TV series I saw when young in Mexico, Little House on the Prairie. It's a series I'm enjoying again, it's like a break from all those today TV shows that overload your senses with crime, violence, a thousand frames per minute, loud. On the contrary I enjoy a slow pace, a show that speaks of values like friendship, love, honesty, dignity, sacrifice, helping others, even sensitive subjects like religion and racism.
My favorite character are the always learning lessons Laura Ingalls and Harriet Oleson. Of course after watching seven seasons out of nine, the set becomes very familiar so I draw them on my sketchbook. 
A lot of detail going on this piece. I used for the first time a tool called fluid writer. 

It's a tool useful to make constant lines using ink or any color you can create with watercolor, a much needed versatile tool very easy to use.  It worked great for the lines of the house sidings. I used yellows for the school and Nellie's Restaurant and purple for the Oleson's Mercantile. I'm happy with the results. Every time I look at it, it will remind me of the happy old days.




No comments:

Post a Comment