Food recipes

Monday, November 18, 2019

It's all about geese

Pen&Ink and watercolor on Stonehenge Aqua Hot Press 10" x 7"
Today I had in mind sketching the "hood" I live in. On my way back to home, after inking this street mall at sunset, I made a  stop by a water pond where hundreds of geese (perhaps close or above a thousand) were departing in flocks of 20 or 30 or more towards North (yes North, it should be the opposite but who knows what's in the mind of these birds). I was there watching them fly away mesmerized by the numbers. 
When most geese were gone, ducks started to water land in the same pond in less numbers. A pleiades of birds of both species filled the sky. I couldn't help but thinking this looked like a busy airport! Fascinated, I was overwhelmed by joy to the point that I almost cried. What a great unexpected display of nature behavior. I came home and finished the sketch with watercolor and although this sketch has zero geese, this sketch is all about geese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment