Food recipes

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Joliet Regional Airport

Pen&Ink and Watercolor on Stonehenge Aqua HP 11" x 7"
This is the Joliet Regional Airport. The symmetry of this building may not be very appealing to sketch but I was determined to make the very old side facade interesting. All these subtle differences in the same size monotonous windows were a treat to sketch.
Three planes took off while I was there (the runways are behind the building), the all appeared suddenly on top of the right side of the building. I wanted to take a photo of an airplane to add it later to the sketch but by the time I was ready to snap a shot it was gone. By the third plane I just decided to observe and memorize shapes, proportions and perspective, all of that in just few seconds! It looked like a Cessna. Also, a helicopter landed on the right side of the building....so close! I could see only the tail and a blade, so I skipped it. 
Snow is in the forecast. I don't remember when was the last time I sketched snow, like never?! I hope I can continue to sketch from the comfort of my car, warm and lost in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment