Food recipes

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Who knew?

Pen&Ink, watercolor and color pencil on Pentalic watercolor sketchbook 7" x 10"

My friend and I went to Ottawa, IL last weekend. We were in search of new places we have not visited before where to have lunch. My friend found a restaurant at Heritage Harbor. We were in awe when we arrived. The marina resort community looked like any coastal town in the state of Maine (although I never been there ha!). The colorful cottages near the marina with access to the Illinois River makes the place very attractive. Vacation rentals are also available. This project started 8 years ago with still plans to expand. It was a pleasant surprise. I would never guess something this beautiful was this close to Chicago until I saw it! There, now I know, if you didn't either, now you know too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment