Food recipes

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Slimmer sketchbooks

These are  five watercolor sketchbooks I finished today. The 22" x 30" watercolor paper sheets I had stored for years never came out to light. They were always reserved for bigger paintings which over time, I found out it was not something I do, so a downsize project had to happen eventually. It was until I read recently a referral from Shari Blaukopf about a Brenda Swenson's post, the making of sketchbooks that got me on board. I had Arches 300 lb cold press sheets and Fabriano Artistico 140 lb cold press sheets.

This time I made sketchbooks with less pages, 10 and 12. The reason for this is that although I want to take these sketchbooks out to sketch/draw/paint on location, I don't want to do it often. I would like to prevent damage and to keep the beautiful scrapbook paper used for the covers in good shape. It is a delight, after all, to grab a sketchbook that is beautiful outside as it is inside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment