Food recipes

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A French stamp in Chicago

Pen, ink and watercolor on 8"x 8" HandBook Watercolor Journal
It was while I waited for a bus near LaSalle train station that I discovered this mural painted by French street artists Ella & Pitr in 2016 by the initiative of the Columbia College Chicago. I was amused by the simplicity of this figure and the impact it had on me, the great usage of an empty  brick wall and what I think is a beautiful painting. Mural paintings, as public expression of art for all of us to see, are particularly tricky, specially when you don't like them, but I happen to like this one so I drew the scene from a photo I took one evening on my way back to home. Sketching at home is something I enjoy doing on a rainy day. If you want know more about this mural click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment