Food recipes

Thursday, May 17, 2018

The two seasons of the Midwest.

Pen ink, watercolor on A5 Hahnemühle Watercolor Book
It is that time of the year when you will see road construction/repairs everywhere in the Midwest. It's well known, for us residents of the Chicago area, that there are two seasons here, Winter and Construction. The harsh winters damage the roads and that leads to the eternal repair of the roads when the weather gets better. I have to say though, that here where I live, the seasons of the year are very well defined. You get to experience the drastic changes year long and there is beauty on it. The warm temperature at the beginning of the summer is a good reason to go outside and sketch. Here I used a watercolor book courtesy of Hahnemühle, one of the generous sponsors of this coming 2018 USk Chicago Sketch Seminar. The paper holds watercolor paint well. I love the size A5, it's comfortable to carry on and a little wider than other sketchbooks of similar size. I'll keep trying it, so far I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment