Food recipes

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Handmade roll-up sketching case


Out of a creative urge and a necessity really, I have created roll-up sketching cases to carry-on my sketching gear in an organized and easy access way. I made one small and one large.  I tend to do my own whenever I can and that is what I did. Of course I tried to make them beautiful and colorful with patterned fabric so when I unroll the case it will make me happy to just look at it. Why wouldn't the sketching tool case be as colorful as the drawings I do?


They are mainly made of cotton, soft for the hands and tools, but sturdy and tripled stitched to reinforce key joints to make them last. Both have compartments of different sizes to fit it all in one case, from a travel watercolor palette and water containers to pens and pencils, brushes, clips and even a small sketchbook or notebook.

The small size measurements are 12" x 9".

Essential kit fits in for a fun day.

Easy to open and easy access to organized art tools.

Compact size when closed.
 
 Perfect size for an every day bag.


The larger size measurements are 15" x 15".

A bigger watercolor travel set fits in the large size.



 
They were made with care thinking on the needs of us artists on the go. 

I after I made mine, I thought these my be useful for some sketchers with the same needs, so I kept sewing more. For a limited time and quantity I'll bring some of them in different sizes and colors to sketchcrawls. If you see me and are interested in getting one of these, just come and say hi! I'll be happy to show you some.

5 comments:

  1. Great to see your creativity taking form in these beautiful pouches. Way to go Adraiana. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joann! I think I’m really liking sewing as much as sketching!

      Delete
  2. Hi Adriana -

    Mel here. We met last year in USk Symposium. So nice to find your blog entry about the roll-up sketching case. I'm thinking of making one for myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! Sewing is as creative as sketching right? I hope your comes out well!

      Delete