Food recipes

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Auschwitz Sketchbook


A book came to my hands today. The Auschwitz Sketchbook, ©Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum. My brother's friend visited Poland this year and brought him this book. As soon as I browsed it I thought it was a real treasure. The sketches were made by a camp prisoner which name is unknown, the sketches show only its name's initials MM. It was found by a vigilant prisoner named Josef Odi near the gas chambers in 1947. It was made in a small sketchbook 13.5 cm x 20.7 cm with pencil and some with color pencil. It is an exceptional collection of sketches given the undeniable danger. It is to me, a fascination what this brave artist sketched on location, risking its life. I cannot wait to read it.






















No comments:

Post a Comment