Food recipes

Monday, December 11, 2017

10 year journey sketching




It was until I recycled an spiral wire bound from a old sketch book that reminded me that I have been sketching for 10 years. While browsing the pages of this sketchbook I realized I went through a process of learning which it may be familiar to many fellow sketchers. 

The influences of work of other artists, reading books related to art, trying different media to find the one you are comfortable with, had led me what I do now. Over the years you develop your own style. Have I accomplish that? I don't know, I'm still working on that.
I would like to share here my earlier sketches from 2007, this year was an important one; it was a time in which I rediscovered the infinite possibilities of expressing myself through drawing, learning what were the subjects of my interest, but mainly trying to understand why I was doing it. 

Everything started with the humble pencil, putting on paper everything, everywhere from live or from photos.

Things

people,

places I visited,

animals,

I understood the use of thumbnails,

I started my love affair with ink,
and I wasn't shy about color anymore.

To think over the roads this activity has led to me to and the people I have met, has enriched my life in ways I never thought possible. I'll keep doing it, hopefully, to evolve to a better artist and a better person.




No comments:

Post a Comment