Food recipes

Friday, August 11, 2017

My neighbor's backyard


There's nothing like seeing the fruit of your learning at the last international urban sketchers symposium in Chicago. This is the backyard of my neighbor which I sketched from my own backyard. She loves her plants. We have had conversations about the what's and why's of every single decision she has made to come to the final design of her backyard. I'll say for instance, the electrical boxes of cable or phone or whatever on the lower left corner, bothered her so much that she chose to block the view with pine trees, also to block a little bit of the wind. It used to bother me also but I learned to accept the situation, you'll see, I don't have a green thumb, what a shame....for I love a beautiful garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment