Food recipes

Sunday, August 20, 2017

How to make my sketch warmer?





The color line I get with my koh-i-noor magic pencil is awesome! I'm using it to sketch people. People move and I'm a slow sketcher, so the use of this pencil gives me line and color in one stroke making the sketching time shorter. The next sketch is what I normally get. 


But something was missing, it is flat and cold...what if I add a little bit of color to the skin to make it warmer?
I have a set of watercolor pencils that came for free with a purchase I did years ago and still have because I don't use them. This is the perfect excuse to use them.

I used a mix of Yellow Ochre and Cadmium Red and intensified the warmth by adding more red to the nose, ears, chin and cheeks. 

Doesn't it look better?


I think it does! From now on, I'll carry on my small tin case with these watercolor pencils and magic pencil in my everyday purse. I love the quality paper of leuchttrum 1917 sketchbook for this purpose, suitable for ink, pencil or color pencil drawings. It's not suitable for watercolor washes, not even light washes, BUT it handles very well watercolor pencil with minimum water. Fantastic! 


No comments:

Post a Comment