Food recipes

Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Jacob Henry Mansion


This is the Jacob Henry mansion in downtown Joliet, Illinois. It was in my sketch to do list. I LOVE old buildings, particularly Victorian style. They are so charming and if I have the chance to enter into their interiors, the visit usually doesn't disappoint me. I appreciate the tall ceilings, grand stairways and carved woodwork built in these residences. That afternoon I sat across the street under a tree to sketch this view. I used Arches paper from an old sketchbook I made, pencil and watercolor. If I had use pen and ink, I probably would have lost out in the details. Sketching with pencil was actually more freeing of making mistakes, the lines and strokes I made where a little bit careless and I enjoyed the process. One of the jewels of old Joliet, still standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment