The house with two numbers


The city of San Luis Potosi in Mexico still has old residences which shows which architecture styles were on in the past. Most of the old residences of wealthy people located along one of the still main avenues have been demolished and replaced by modern and commercial buildings. This house is located in a secluded street off a main avenue. I found interesting the style of the house and that it has the three stories. 

Overtime, the city changes the name of streets or re-number the houses to catch up with the population's growth. I  don't know if this happens in other countries but it does in Mexico. This house is old enough to have two numbers, 4 and 106, it was probably re-numbered by the city but the owners kept the old number. Confused? So do I. Another funny thing of my beloved Mexico.  22.149504, -100.993883

P.S. I don't know what day I live on. The sketch shows it was made on January 10th, but I sketched it today, the 9th.

Comments

Popular Posts