Food recipes

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hidalgo Part 2/6. Basaltic prisms near Huasca de Ocampo


If Mother Nature could talk (and I don't mean Julia Roberts) would certainly tell me I'd never be her official painter to represent its 2.5 millions year work. I am a firm believer that anything that M.N. has to offer, you better got to see it in person. No film, photo, painting, drawing or sketch can't beat her, but I needed my souvenir so I dared to sketch. This is my second attempt to sketch the basaltic prisms near Huasca de Ocampo Hidalgo en Mexico. The overwhelming web of hexagonal columns are depicted as little circles, so I could finish the  sketch. I was hesistant to post my first attempt which is the sketch below, but here it goes. Not even Bob liked it, and he is my biggest cheerleader! Oh well Mother Nature, don't take it personal. I promise I'll keep practicing landscapes.Click here for Part 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment