Food recipes

Monday, July 4, 2016

Not fireworks in the sky but birds.


I drove aimlessly yesterday in search of a scene to sketch. Yesterday was a quiet overcast Sunday and the solitude of this place matched this day. BUT, sketching is one of those activities that helps to improve a situation in a split of a second. Sketching takes me out of stress but also from boredom. I took at look a this sketch and noticed how light the washes of watercolor are reflecting the mood in which I was at that moment. I thought about putting more color but on second thought, I told myself no, it is what it is, a genuine record of your mood. Leave it alone. I just added a little of contrast on the left side and added those birds flying away when I parked there. I don't have fireworks to offer today but here it is my display of birds in the sky. Happy birthday to the United States of America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment