Food recipes

Saturday, June 18, 2016

About yachts.

The Urban Sketchers of Chicago met at the Jackson Park Yacht Club today, one of the oldest yacht clubs in Chicago, it was founded on 1896. We met at the entrance and the club house was right in front of us. The windows on the roof and the chimney caught my attention so I gave these a try while I listened to the cooks in the kitchen talking to each other, there, at the open door on the right of the second floor. 



Many sailboats were at our disposal to choose from for sketching. My first attempt this afternoon was this sailboat. There was a couple of persons doing some cleaning on it. I started to sketch the shirt of the man with a hose when I realized that the proportion wasn't right since I wanted to include the whole boat in the sketch, so I started again by turning my sketchbook from horizontal to vertical position so the mast would fit in the page.  



Wonderful day we had, perfect weather and nice and talented people. Thanks to Joel Berman who set this meet-up. Fantastic, I can't wait for the next one, the big one! The 3rd Annual Chicago Sketch Seminar 2016 on July 9th and 10th!

No comments:

Post a Comment