Food recipes

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lockport, Illinois


Lockport is a town next to I&M Canal, Illinois and Michigan Canal. This canal connected the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River. It was the main transportation of goods before the train. The economy in this area grew up in the 1800’s and little towns like Lockport flourished next to the Canal, including the city of Chicago. The buildings in the historic site are well preserved, therefore the main street is charming. I have visited this town before, my husband and I come to eat at a restaurant we like; also a friend and I came to buy fabric for quilting, one of her hobbies. This time I was there specifically to sketch it. The indoors of the buildings are amazing, highs ceilings, old wood floor, lots of carved wood details. The sketch shows the corner of IL Route 171 and IL Route 7. The lower right corner of the sketch shows Route 7 going down to bridge which crosses over the I&M Canal. I saw several cargo ships, very tempted to sketch them but I’ll have to leave that one for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ms. Adriana Gasparich,

    My name is Jon Schutt and I am the Senior Adult Services Librarian at the White Oak Library District's Lockport Branch. I was looking through Flickr photos of Lockport, IL and I stumbled upon a wonderful inked watercolor where IL Route 171 meets IL Route 7. It led me to your blog.

    I am reaching out to you because we are hosting our second annual Comicopolis on Saturday, August 6th and thought your artwork would be perfect for a project we are working on. You see, we are creating a photo room where attendees can stand in front of a large vinyl backdrop and snap a photo. We would love it if we could use your artwork for this. Of course, we would acknowledge your as a sponsor, credit you in all of the photos we will upload to our Comicopolis Facebook Page and add a link to your blog. Alternatively, we would respect your decision to not have your artwork used.

    If you're on board with this, we still have one major hindrance - resolution. The scan on your bog clocks in at 0.3 megapixels. In a perfect world we would want a 6.0 megapixel image so we could blow it up for the vinyl backdrop without loosing quality. If you have a higher quality scan, or better yet, the original that you would allow us to scan, that would be fantastic.

    Please let us know your thoughts on this potential partnership.

    All the best,

    Jon Schutt
    jschutt@whiteoaklibrary.org
    Senior Adult Services Librarian
    White Oak Library District
    121 E. 8th Street
    Lockport, IL 60441
    815-552-4260

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr. Jon Schutt,

      Thank you for contacting me and showing interest in my work. As you probably understand, the images I publish in this blog or Flick are for display purpose only and they have low resolution to avoid further unauthorized use. If you are interested in paying copyrights for the use of this watercolor image, I'll gladly negotiate a deal with you when I return to the United States at the beginning of April. You can contact me at peninkwatercolor@gmail.com. Otherwise, I wish you the best with your event.

      Sincerely yours
      Adriana Gasparich

      Delete