Food recipes

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mexican truffle.

We made 20 checkpoints out of 24 in the corn maze. The farm is in Spring Grove Illinois, check their website here. The farm claims that it has the largest corn maze in the world. At the beginning it was overwhelming just thinking the word "largest", but once inside everything seemed smaller and doable. It took us two hours to do it, less time that it took us to drive there, since we got lost... but found our way. When we finished the maze we sat in a bench outside the maze to enjoy the view.
 
 
 
The interesting thing about this visit was the finding of fungus in the maze. This fungus grows sometimes in the earns of corn, and it's edible! It is considered a delicacy in Mexico and is commonly known as Huitlacoche. I couldn't resist to grab some to cook them. I can't wait for lunch.


A5 Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook, pen&ink and W&N watercolor.

 
Update: Although I had all intentions to eat this delicacy, actually I cooked it, it didn't taste right, it was bitter/sour, so I discarded it. Too bad, I was very happy to find it, not always things come out the way you want. 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment