Food recipes

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Chicago Urban Sketchers on a water taxi.

We were lucky to have a wonderful day with a great weather. After the threat of rain on the previous days, weather cooperated with us and we could board the water taxi as planned. This event was going to be a challenge because our surroundings were going to change constantly, so I knew I needed to sketch fast. Once the boat was moving, I was I little undecided how to approach the situation, then at the first stop, I stood up and started to sketch. This is my first sketch.

Stillman&Birn A5 Sketchbook Beta Series, Lamy Safari fountain pen M, Platinum Carbon Ink, Winsor&Newton watercolor. 

Then I turned around and saw this:

Stillman&Birn A5 Sketchbook Beta Series, Lamy Safari fountain pen M, Platinum Carbon Ink, Winsor&Newton watercolor. 

Chinatown was the last stop before returning to the location we left from. The first image was made in 3 or 4 minutes, it's my rapid sketch. Later at home, with a little bit of love, I present one of those "before and after" cases:


Stillman&Birn A5 Sketchbook Beta Series, Lamy Safari fountain pen M, Platinum Carbon Ink, Winsor&Newton watercolor. 


On our way back, I drew some of my fellow sketchers. They were very focus on sketching so stayed very still. Chris and Rich are friends. Chris just came from England to stay here for 6 months. I asked him why he would spend winters in Chicago? He asked me if I have spent winters in the South of England? They are cold and wet, he prefers snow!

Stillman&Birn A5 Sketchbook Beta Series, Lamy Safari fountain pen M, Platinum Carbon Ink, Winsor&Newton watercolor. 

After our ride on the boat I noticed the rain of loud noises coming from the sky. It was the airplanes at the air show held yesterday. My husband and I walked to Navy Pier. There, the crowd who came to see the air show was leaving so we were "swimming" against a current of people. At the end, we were exhausted. Bob and I found a spot near the water, I still had energy to make another sketch. This, I hope you can see, shows my peaceful mood. 
Stillman&Birn A5 Sketchbook Beta Series, Sailor Sapporo fountain pen EF, Waterproof Sailor ink, Winsor&Newton watercolor. 

I thank my fellow sketchers for such a great day and my wonderful husband for his infinite patience while waiting during the whole day for me to do my doodles. What a great day we had. Thank you Lord.




4 comments: