Food recipes

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bee hive boxes

Driving out of the city to the country is just very relaxing. Bob and I went out for lunch at a place called Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom. It's hard to get a table, specially for walk ins. We didn't make any reservations but fortunately we got a table outside. I noticed this group of bee hive boxes after lunch. The honey they sell in the shop must be from these boxes, since they cook all the food from scratch, why wouldn't they sell honey coming from their very own backyard, right? Needles to say I wanted to sketch the boxes on location, but as you can imagining, being close to bees is serious business. I  approached to the boxes to take photos and I had them buzzing around my ears and eyes in no time. They were flying over my head, I think they liked my hair to start a new hive. Ha! Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment