Food recipes

Sunday, September 17, 2017

University of Chicago with the Urban Sketchers Chicago group


I missed the last time the Urban Sketchers of Chicago met at the University of Chicago, but I'm glad I went to this one. The campus is a fantastic area full of Gothic and modern buildings. My eyes went straight to the old buildings. This arch passage between the Ryerson and Eckhart buildings was just irresistible. The sky threatened us with rain but I'm grateful if didn't rain.


I was afraid I wasn't going to find a place to park since it was the University's orientation weekend for parents. I went there earlier than the meet up to take a tour at the Robie House located just one block from the meet up location, but I also arrived earlier to the tour, so I went to the cafe next to it and sketched the North side of the house.

After the assigned sketching time, almost half of the group went for a beer at Woodlawn Tap bar (sorry for the misspelling in the sketches). There, I sketched some of my fellows sketchers and one of the musicians warming up for the show that night. Willy the musician was self aware of us sketching him and tried to remained in the same pose for a while, then changed his pose and then I I got this sketch with three legs. How fun.
Busy day, but fun, I can always have another day like this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment