Food recipes

Sunday, July 12, 2015

USk Chicago Sketch Seminar 2015

Was it fun!

This is the second time I attended this annual Seminar in Chicago. I had great fun and learned things. First I took a morning workshop called Capturing People in Motion by Angie Hauch. This is an attempt to improve my skill to sketch people, let alone people in motion. First we had 15 minutes to warm up. I sketched my team mates.
 
 
 
Later we sketched people in motion. We had to get the idea that we will have only 10 or 15 seconds to capture people, the best approach to give us more time, was to sketch people coming to us or walking away. The instructor insisted in us using charcoal to loose up. It's a media I don't normally use, "keep an open mind" I remembered Barbara McCafferty Weeks. I understood right away why charcoal. This media doesn't let you to be caught in drawing detail!
 
 
 
I did several sketches of people, one per page, the I realized I was going to fast through the pages of my sketch book, so I switched gears to pencil and smaller sketches, got it!
 
 
 


 
Lots of people with dogs! I think the 4 dogs came out so cute!
 
Then we incorporated the surroundings to the people, we went to Connor's Square.
 

 
After lunch I attended a workshop called Sketching With Color Pencils by Mark Jones. I'm always use ink in my sketches, but this time I went for graphite. The blend of graphite and color was surprisingly beautiful, not too much contrast, however I harden edges and corners as the instructor recommended. 
 
Great day, fun and full of friendly people.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment