Food recipes

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Guanajuato city. Part 2

The second day we visited the Regional Museum of Guanajuato, Alhondiga de Granaditas. Once outside, I sketched the East wall of the museum looking down the street where the clock tower and part of the roof of Hidalgo Market can be seen. I let the bright colors of the houses  that look like they are hanging from the hills to contrast  the market. This is just a sample of how all houses in downtown Guanajuato look like confetti. The market was a French style train station built with iron in 1910, the year the Mexican Revolution started.

I packed my stuff and just few steps (like 20 steps literally) walking East the same street, I unpacked my stuff again because I found a lovely old house I fell in love with. I didn't realize why did I like it so much until now, that I'm writing this lines. The building was full of life. It had many plant pots hanging from the verandas with bright flowers and several cages with different birds. The intense yellow color paint, was covered in dust, yet the decoration made the building shine. The Museum and this house are one block apart exactly on the same street, yet the street names are different. 28 de Septiembre St. for the museum and Pocitos St. for the house. Funny thing. It's one of those odd things that happens in this beautiful country and drive tourists crazy! Click here to continue part 3.





2 comments: