Food recipes

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pesdestrian Bridge Mistery

I received a pamphlet of the city of Shorewood by mail weeks ago. The front page showed photos of places and buildings in the Village of Shorewood. One of them interested me, it looked like a bridge. I wanted to find the location to sketch it. The photo showed a plaque on top of the bridge that I tried to read unsuccessfully with a magnifier, but I ventured to google what I could read. Fortunately I found it, and sure I went to sketch it yesterday. The bridge crosses the DuPage River. The plaque shows the name of the person who is dedicated to, David A. Barry, in 1986. I don't know if that is the year in which it was constructed or who that person is or was. Google didn't help this time.  I'm sure one day destiny will answer that question, if fact I could ask the Mayor (I hope no more awkward moments happen this time,see why here). He may know something about it. I will sure post any further updated information, but for now, I'll stick to the joy of finishing the last page of my sketchbook with a mystery. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The shadows,sunlight, impressionistic brushwork, and color harmony, all work together. Interesting story.

    ReplyDelete